Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Meltdown



I heard a lot of things on other blogs from "a bottom forming" to "Dow crashing below 6500". I was convinced that dow will fall at least by 500 points by reading so many sensational news early in the morning - oh well! One thing is certain - there is fear and panic and a lot of confusion


Again I am going to quote some of my favorite quotes:

From Revolver
"Don't try to make sense out of it, not now, because it doesn't make sense. " Jake Green.

From The Happening
Elliot Moore: Come on, buddy. Take an interest in science. What could be the reason bees have vanished?
Jake: [after a long pause] An act of nature, and we'll never fully understand it.
Elliot Moore: Nice answer, Jake. He's right. Science will come up with some reason to put in the books, but in the end it'll be just a theory. I mean, we will fail to acknowledge that there are forces at work beyond our understanding. To be a scientist, you must have a respectful awe for the laws of nature.

Is stock market one of the complex natural phenomena created by humans?

2 comments:

Gio said...

you're right, a lot of calls everywhere! I can't recommend any longs right now, nor any shorts. its best to sit mostly cash and day-trade the volatility of this market, at the open or close. no sense watching every tick of the tape. there are so many high probability setups on the short term... you just have to let them come to you.

btw, i missed your poll, but I'd say it depends on the girl.

;-)

-gio

MatchPointTrader said...

Thanks THT for dropping by :). For now, I am learning patience and bearing the fruits of my earlier mistakes. But, your advice is pretty spot-on.
>>
btw, i missed your poll, but I'd say it depends on the girl.

LOL :). It might have helped if I had put some posters of hot girls along with the poll ;).