Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Loss yesterday

1) Loss yesterday is 17%.
2) I had a good run on the day when market gone up by 400 points. All of the profit I had made during last three weeks is completely wiped off. I am back to square one. Whats even better? I have more options now and less stocks - so losses might go exponentially.
3) - The Good - ntri, asfi are holding up nicely. UNG is not terribly bad
- The Bad - Pretty much everything else.
- The Ugly - Nyx, Sol, Exm
4) Why I covered amzn just day before it dropped by 6-7$ is still a mystery to me.

I am hanging in there as I don't have any option right now.

DO NOT - I repeat do not watch a movie like "Oldboy" after a day like this on stock market! Mark this down as a golden rule.

3 comments:

Bluedog said...

You should be doing better today, compared to yesterday.

I made some good profit off the calls I wrote in EXM and UNG, and cashed them in today. They provided some good downside protection agains the calls I bought. Now I'm 100% long in the options. I have to decide whether to rewrite the calls at a higher price should we continue to rally. I do like the downside protection.

BD

Bluedog said...

I meant STLD and UNG calls.

MatchPointTrader said...

Yes - the loss is recovered a bit. I just sold one of my ung position. I hope exm and stld recover soon.
BTW, BD - good strategy. I meant to sell calls on my nyx position but thought that I should wait until nyx hits 40.Downside protection is really nice in this environment.