Monday, August 25, 2008

Solars

With low pes and good profits, I am tempted to take more positions in solars. Though, I really feel an urge to short fslr. Here is a link that I got from yahoo message board.
http://solarfeeds.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3157:solar-stocks-comparison-table-8222008&catid=75:climateer-investing&Itemid=115
With LDK providing some strong future - http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080825/ldk_solar_outlook.html
it looks like solars are going to have some rally today. I have already bought sept 20 call of SOL.

2 comments:

Bluedog said...

I like that comp chart. SOL, CSIQ, LDK... all look good. I wonder how TAN stacks up to the individual names. It might be a way to get exposure with less individual risk. I'll have to look into it. I've owned LDK and TSL in the past.

BD

MatchPointTrader said...

I like SOL for its low pe and good earnings. I might have missed the boat for ldk.
Do check out the stocks that TAN holds in its portfolio. It does look like solar etfs have strong involvement with fslr - no wonder fslr is trading at higher pe than its competitors.